Jim Tso (pronounced CHO), an American financial services entrepreneur, who emigrated from China/Hong Kong with his parents in 1955, has over 45 years of experience in successful private and public sector careers which have prepared him well to launch eSagePrime.com (eSP), and our InvestBetterSpendSmarter.com blog (IBSS). His unique combination of real life experiences has formed his vision for eSP/IBSS’ successful venture. Here is a breakdown of how Jim will apply his particular knowledge, skills, and vision to help our subscribers:
1. His 40-plus years of experience in investment management will be the cornerstone of the TSOA Freedom Investment Portfolios portion of eSP (the “Better Investing” side). Jim has created innovative and proven investment methods for investors to achieve better returns while limiting their risks and with low costs.
2. The knowledge Jim has gained in conducting investment due diligence research focused on many internet-related businesses will provide the framework for the “Empowerful Consumer Confidence Tools” (EmC2) portion of eSP (the “Smarter Spending” side). As such, Jim believes that the effective use of the “Invest Better…Spend Smarter” combination of services can be a very important key to our subscribers’ financial success.
3. With experience and training in mergers/acquisitions, venture capital, business management, and law, Jim will be able to deal effectively with all levels of business relationships that impact our subscribers’ economic life.
4. Jim has spent his entire life as an advocate for justice and as such will manage eSP in ways that will create innovative changes and effective ideas that can benefit consumers and investors.
5. Outstanding opportunities and strong, relevant business relationships with our subscribers will be the basis upon which eSP can grow its business. And as an experienced strategic planner and manager, Jim will be guided by what is best for our subscribers.
Jim Tso’s Business and Investment Management Experience (many were concurrent)
- Investment management of multi-asset portfolios (42 years)
- Due diligence/research/financial analysis and review of many business models (45 years)
- Venture capital/deal evaluations for banks and private equity firms (25 years)
- Mergers/acquisitions/exit strategies for entrepreneurs (25 years)
- Advocacy, negotiations, and legal resolution of many issues (35 years)
- Management advisor to Members of Congress (5 years)
- Management training, teaching college business courses (10 years)
- Strategic planning/consulting for entrepreneurs and non-profit organizations (35 years)
- Financial planning/implementation of the plans for individuals and families (35 years)
- BA/Finance; MAUS/Economics; JD/Law/passed VA Bar Exam,1984/never practiced law
Jim “retired early” in 2000 and now seeks to “un-retire” to create and implement eSagePrime.com’s unique, and exciting, business venture. His personal hope is to devote the next phase of his “new career” to build a positive legacy that will benefit others.
“Sharing your wisdom – to serve others – creates lasting legacies” Jim Tso